Olympic Games 2004 Training Center
In 1998 our practice undertook the design of a Sports Center on a site in the Municipality of Cholargos on the Tsakos hill. The Sports Center would operate as a Training Center for the 2004 Olympic Games and would include the following:
- An accommodation area with guest houses, lecture halls etc.
- Venues for cultural and scientific events, i.e. conference center, outdoor theater and exhibition spaces.
- Parking spaces.
- Sports facilities consisting of a football and mini soccer field, basketball, tennis and squash courts, a gym and other sports venues.
- A community gym opposite the existing ‘Antonis Tritsis’ gym, a jogging route, an outdoor swimming pool and an indoor recreation area.
- The sports center administration offices.
Municipality of Cholargos
Tsakos Hill, Cholargos, Athens